Job title: User Experience Designer
Overview: Arkessa’s Product Team are looking for a highly motivated mid-to-senior level User Experience Designer who has amazing passion for research, user-centric design, usability and web application design.
Arkessa is a leading M2M managed services provider, delivering connectivity services and solutions to the IoT market through an unrivalled multi-network capability spanning all regions of the World. We provide true pole-to-pole coverage.
Arkessa provides the Emport IoT Connectivity platform, a multi-capable, responsive, web-based software application. You will be working to continuously improve and extend the existing application to attain market leadership, while also designing new solutions.
· Owning the design process, from research, to concept, design, and prototyping.
· Performing user studies, including user interviews and analysis of user behaviour on the platform, and using the results to recommend improvements to the system.
· Liaising with customers and key stakeholder to identify and communicate audience needs.
· In conjunction with the Product Management team, representing the end users of Arkessa’s products in the development process, including communicating scenarios, experiences, user requirements and interaction modes to stakeholders.
· Developing and maintaining design wireframes, mock-ups, interactive prototypes and specifications as needed.
· Exploring different approaches to solving specific user problems.
· Applying appropriate UX methods to gather quantitative data, such as user testing, interviews, surveys and card-sorting.
· Responsibility for how the product feels, ensuring it logically and efficiently flows from one step to the next.
· Responsibility for maintaining consistency in visual elements between and within products.
· Improving existing, and creating new, design guidelines and ensuring they are communicated and followed-through.
· Creating visual design and user experience that is consistent, useful and delightful.
· Working with the product owner to define user requirements and user stories.
· Presenting design concepts/user journey flows to team members and management.
· Ability to clearly communicate to the business what UX is, why Arkessa needs it and how to implement it.
· 3 years minimum experience as a User Experience professional
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in human factors, psychology, design, user experience design or related degree or related experience
· Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools such as Axure or Balsamiq, Sketch or similar
· Proficiency in web technologies including HTML, CSS, and JS, capable of producing HTML prototypes
· Experience and knowledge of digital visual design for interactive applications
· Experience with design trends including material design, mobile and responsive design
· Be able to prepare and run usability tests, moderated or unmoderated, remote or face-to-face
· Familiar with analytics tools like GA or Mixpanel and ability to analyse user data
· Experience working within an agile team, ideally Scrum
· Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
· Excellent collaboration and teamwork attitude
· Understanding of usability analysis tools
· Strong portfolio of applying user-centred design practices in product development
· Experience in understanding and synthesizing user and business needs using a variety of practices
· Experience with tools and methods to support UX work stream
Why Join Arkessa?
With a vision to be the default IoT connectivity provider by 2022, our entire team is very driven and keen to succeed. Hence you would be applying to join a company where:
· You will be part of a dynamic team working in a very positive atmosphere
· The entire highly-skilled technical team is based in the Bishop’s Stortford office and easily accessible
· You would have a pension scheme and life assurance
· You can participate in an active social life with many events organised throughout the year
· You would have access to free coffee and tea, fruit and regular Pizza Wednesdays
· You can take advantage of a Cycle to Work scheme
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
To access our whitepapers or product briefs, please sign in with your email address.
Don't worry, privacy is important to us too and we won't pass your information on to any third parties.